Radio Pacis

Project Leader:

Ms. Sherry Meyer

Radio Pacis is a Catholic-founded, Catholic-owned radio station in northern Uganda, East Africa. Established 15 years ago, it broadcasts 24/7 on four FM frequencies in English and six local languages (Logbara, Alur, Ma'di, Kakwa, Acholi, Juba Arabic. The award-winning radio attracts millions of listeners with its programming for the holistic development of the people. In an area where literacy is low and local languages are many, the people are able to hear the Good News of Jesus Christ in their mother tongue. Right now, Arua Diocese is hosting refugees from South Sudan and we serve them as well.
While the listeners have free access to the radio, the cost of production and broadcasting is high. Currently, we are able to generate nearly 70% of our ordinary expenditure primarily through the sale of air time. We rely on donors for the other 30% and for capital expenditures.

READ MORE

$1,003

of $15,000 raised



Paul and Carleen donated $50.

Paul and Carleen donated $50.

Paul and Carleen donated $50.

Diane and Bob donated.

George & Cindy donated $250.

Paul and Carleen donated.

Michael donated $100.

Anonymous donated $3.

Lorey donated $50.

Anonymous donated $100.

Billie donated $100.

Clare donated $50.

What your donation can do!

  • $20 Onsite daycare for infants of radio journalists.
  • $50 One week salary for a radio journalist.
  • $150 Hour broadcast of VOICE OF THE VOICELESS program
  • $250 Smart phone for journalists to record & send news
  • $500 Travel and production costs for one field program


Project Updates

Log in to add a comment

Meet Henry Lematia, the Radio Pacis News Editor for the Morning Editions. He just won a national award for exceptional journalism at the Uganda Population Awards 2020. He was the winner in the radio category of these media awards. We are proud of Henry and the entire news room team who are award winning journalists. Radio Pacis has a national reputation in Uganda for our professionalism and determination. The media landscape has historically been dominated by Kampala media outlets. But, Radio Pacis has made those in the capital city take notice of northern Uganda.



1 day ago

Paul and Carleen donated $50.

2 days ago
  

Project Leader:

Sherry Meyer
Thank you, Carleen and Paul, for your continuing support. The pandemic has hit cruises pretty hard. If you ever want to try a safari, we would love to welcome you to Arua! Come and see beautiful Uganda! God bless you and your family in this holy season and always. Sherry

1 day ago

I so appreciate all of you who visit this site. I know that times are uncertain. Here in Uganda, as in many parts of the world, covid 19 is increasing. This week two Comboni missionary friends of ours died in Gulu. MISSIO will keep this platform going until the end of 2020. My gratitude to all who support us in prayer and in resources. We celebrated 16 years of broadcasting last month. Our anniversary staff party began with the celebration of the Eucharist.



26 days ago

Paul and Carleen donated $50.

2 months ago
  

Project Leader:

Sherry Meyer
Thank you, Paul and Carleen. Your generosity gives hope in a time of confusion and fear. I pray for you and your family. God bless you.

26 days ago

Paul and Carleen donated $50.

3 months ago
  

Project Leader:

Sherry Meyer
Thank you, Paul and Carleen, for your generous support. In these uncertain times, your witness is especially powerful. Praying for your family.

2 months ago


1 2 3 


All Fundraisers: $50 total raised so far

Want to become a fundraiser for this project? START THE PROCESS



PROJECT FUNDRAISER
St Barnabas Church - 8300 Rahke Rd Indianapolis, IN 46217
thumbnail

$5,000

Raised: $0




PROJECT FUNDRAISER
St Joan Of Arc Church - 4217 Central Ave Indianapolis, IN 46205
thumbnail

$5,000

Raised: $0




PROJECT FUNDRAISER
St Roch Church - 3600 S Pennsylvania St Indianapolis, IN 46227
thumbnail

$5,000

Raised: $50