Reverend Pius Laten
The early Missionaries first visited Wapuli area in 1911 and later on in 1960s led by Fr. Joseph Connolly, SVD. He opened a prayer center at Nakpare and stationed a catechist. Unfortunately, the prayer center was in need of repairs after it was closed for some time without maintenance. The community mobilized to raise funds and start constructing a solid chapel using sand and cement. The presence of COVID – 19 makes the need of a larger prayer space necessary as it is not healthy to allow large groups at a time to gather. At times, the people make good use of the trees with shade. The new chapel, when completed, will help them have a decent place of worship, spacious enough to adhere to the social distancing protocols given by the health experts in the country. Indeed, we need to ensure that the seed that was sown by the early missionaries germinates and bear good fruits. Please help this project so that the people can receive pastoral care in a space they can also celebrate Mass. A gift of $25 helps buy doors and hardware.